THINK COMMUNICATIONS, INC., Account Coordinator І Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania І October 2010–August 2011
- Plan and manage advertising, public relations and branding campaigns for 20 B2B and B2C client accounts
- Develop marketing strategies and tools for food and beverage, retail, healthcare and trade accounts
- Conduct market research, including competitive analysis, audience insights and product value proposition
- Develop creative briefs, manage creative development and present concepts and revisions to clients
- Prepare budgets and submit estimates for campaign costs as part of account management
- Inspect layouts and proofread content for adherence to brand guidelines and creative specifications
- Manage production of materials with vendors and adhere to account schedules and deadlines
- Develop social media marketing strategies that optimize networking and branding opportunities
- Conduct financial website redesign with updated sitemap, navigation and copy using SEO/SEM principles
- Write advertising copy for use by publication, broadcast or online media on an account basis
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product, branding, medium and target audience
- Edit copy and manage creative of employee newsletters and trade magazines (circulation 2,500)
- Develop press material for B2C and B2B companies and release through various media outlets
- Respond to communications requests from print and broadcast media regarding clients’ announcements
- Arrange celebrity public appearances at special events, coordinate press events and manage publicity
WVU EBERLY COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES, Marketing Communications Assistant І Morgantown, West Virginia І August 2007–August 2010
- Covered press for 12 Eberly departments and programs, generating 5-10 media releases per week
- Developed written content for recruitment publications and bi-annual Eberly magazine (circulation 45,000)
- Developed written content for Eberly College Website (http://eberly.wvu.edu)
- Assisted multimedia projects and led Eberly display development from concept through completion
- Contributed to digital marketing (Web site development, blogs, RSS newsfeeds, SEO)
- Facilitated use of social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to promote the College
- Organized and delegated the work of 2-3 interns as determined by the MarComm Director
- Contributed content to the Office of the VP of University Relations WVU Alumni Magazine
- Reviewed faculty/student research and grant reports and conducted in-person interviews
- Worked with University, state and regional media outlets, including print, radio, television and Web
PHI SIGMA PI NATIONAL HONOR FRATERNITY (WVU ALPHA MU CHAPTER), Public Relations Intern І Morgantown, West Virginia І August 2007–December 2007
- Developed written content and layout for bi-monthly, full-color, 4-page newsletter (circulation 255)
- Developed media kit containing press releases, PSAs, fact sheets, postcards, etc.
- Promoted campus-wide Teach for America Backpack Drive and 1st Annual PSP Alumni Tailgate
WALT DISNEY WORLD COMPANY, Disney College Program Intern І Orlando, Florida І February 2007–May 2007
- Participated in creative concept and show development, production planning, openings and operations
- Studied leadership theories and facilitated CRM through guest interaction and entertainment
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY, Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism І Morgantown, West Virginia І May 2010–GPA 4.0/4.0
Master of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications
Created national IMC campaign for American Red Cross blood donation among 18–24 year olds; Campaign chosen for review by ARC CMO; Featured at http://imc.wvu.edu/curriculum/redcross_gallery.php
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY, Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism І Morgantown, West Virginia І December 2008–GPA 3.43/4.0 cum laude
Bachelor of Science in Journalism with a concentration in public relations; minor in business administration
Developed local PR awareness campaign for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute among 50–75 year olds
- Independent, strategic and creative thinker of target market, audience insight and branding
- Savvy and knowledgeable of online media trends and engagement in social media
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM, web principles and online marketing best practices
- Strong team player willing to take risks and additional responsibilities as necessary
- Superb written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Educated in AP, MLA and APA styles
- Outstanding attention to detail
- WordPress blogs (http://www.laurennp.wordpress.com, http://www.italiawerome.wordpress.com)
- LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/laurenperetti)
- Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lauren.peretti)
- Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/laurennp)
- PC and MAC capable
- Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, HTML, Slate, Dreamweaver
Casey, R., & Peretti, L. (2010). From Brand Consistency to Interactive Media: WVU’s Eberly College Rebuilds Brand Awareness. [Marketing case study written as a graduate student with professor.]
Discusses steps taken by WVU Eberly College MarComm Director Rebecca Herod to communicate with target market online using interactive media and Websites, and maintain brand consistency within departments and the WVU brand using branding elements (e.g. logos, color schemes)
Peretti, L. (2010, Fall). A clean green team, 14-17; Hidden waters, 26-29; Star formation, 41; CAREER-making research,46-47. Eberly: Graduate Education [Magazine].
Peretti, L. (2010, Summer). What’s over the hill?, 20-21; Combating cyber attacks, 32-33. Eberly: Service [Magazine].
Peretti, L. (2009, Fall). Video games may keep the mind young, 2; The new rocket boys, 30-31; CAREER making opportunities, 34; Fusing physics with medicine, 42. Eberly: STEM [Magazine].
(2009, Fall). [Contributing writer] The final frontier. West Virginia University Alumni Magazine, 73.
Peretti, L. (2009, Spring/Summer). Science at the state capital, 10; Tree rings tell a story of change, 17; New faculty tackle tough issues in the public policy arena, 28-29; Red-letter day for writers, 30; Confucius meets the computer, 31. Eberly: Environments [Magazine].
Peretti, L. (2008, Fall). Out-of-this-world science, down-to-earth scientist, 30; The magic of new world literature, 20; The new ambassador of WVU publishing, 28-29, SilverMoon, 26-27; Eberly: Connect Globally [Magazine].
Peretti, L. (2008, Spring). Attracting the nation’s finest, 2-3; Professorship fuels energy exploration, 8-9; The power of peace, 13. Eberly College of Arts and Sciences [Magazine].
Peretti, L. First generation college student helps found campus organizations, earns two degrees. (2008, May 16). The Dominion Post [Newspaper], p. 6-I.
(2007). Eberly College of Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Academic Enrichment Program [Brochure].
Peretti, L. (2007, Winter). Honoring successful graduates: The Departmental Alumni Awards, 12-13; Mountaineers take top academic prizes, 20-21. Eberly College Arts and Sciences [Magazine].
PUBLIC RELATIONS STUDENT SOCIETY OF AMERICA, West Virginia University, 2006–2008 І PRSSA National Conference Salt Lake City, Utah (2006), Philadelphia, Pa. (2007)
PHI SIGMA PI NATIONAL HONOR FRATERNITY, West Virginia University, 2006–2008 І Corresponding Secretary (2007), Newsletter Writer/Editor (2007), Alumni Committee Chair (2007), Public Relations Committee Chair (2006)
PORTFOLIO AVAILABLE ON REQUEST